A week or so ago I told you that this year I want to dig deeper into my relationship with God and truly hear from Him.


Well, I wanted to share with you the books that I am using this year.

First of all, the thing that I am most excited about is my new Women's Devotional Bible.
This Bible has a one year through the Bible plan, and also has short devotions for each day. My favorite part of the devotional is the "reflection" section that has 3 questions to help you go deeper and apply the verses you are reading to your life. I also have a journal that I have started to write down my answers, thoughts, and key parts of the verses so that I can truly think it out and grow.

I read this Bible and devotionals during my "Quite Time". Usually that is when Alyse is taking a nap or sometimes at night after I put her to bed. It is my time for just me and God. I've found my perfect spot in my house to help me keep the focus. I know that if I sit in my bed I will be tempted to either lay down or turn on my TV, so I have decided to use my new chaise lounge as my "God Spot".

I am also continuing to pray the scriptures for Alyse. (Remember that FOREVER long post that I wrote a few months ago?) I have a list of scriptures that I pray each day for Alyse that I have adapted from the book Praying the Scriptures For Your Children by Jodie Berndt. I usually do that at the end of my "Quite Time" to conclude my prayer time.

The other thing is I often do is read the prayer of the day from Beth Moore's Praying God's Word Day by Day. I try to do it at random times during the day (like when Alyse is eating or watching one of her shows, or right before I go to bed.)

Now, I admit, there has been a day or two that I have not got to do all of this, or really any of it, but I am trying to really make this a priority this year. There are many times that I would rather just sit and watch TV, or I want get on my computer, want to go and exercise, or have a list of things to do around the house, but I have decided that this year, I am really going to focus on my time with God. He deserves that short half hour to an hour. I will get the other stuff done. And really, this is the most important thing that I will do in my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home