Dear Sgt. ______,
I am writing this note to ask you to please excuse Josh from work today on account of the snow. He will be staying home to play with his daughter and will not be able to make it in. Can he make up the meeting with the Chief another day? I am sure he can complete his make up work by the end of the week.

Thank you,
Josh's wife - Stephanie

(Ha! That would never happen. Josh will never have any kind of day off for weather. There would be a hurricane, snowstorm, or any other type of natural disaster and he would still be working. Guess it comes with the badge.)


_______________________________________

I can't believed it actually happened. Well, is happening. Right now, as I am typing, it is snowing outside. It is in no way a big snow, only a few inches, but we were excited to get Alyse all bundled up and headed outside for some fun in the snow.

Of course I had the camera and video camera ready to go:

Here she is ready to go.
Funny side note - when I put on her white poodle hat I let her see herself in the mirror. She pointed at herself and said "Baa, baa". I guess she thought she looked like a sheep.





She loved the snow and loved playing with Daddy.


Here is a short clip of her. She is handing out snow balls. Josh made three of them, a big one for him, a middle size one for me, and a small one for her. After she played with them, we put them together and built a mini snowman.




When we came back inside Josh and I had the same conversation that we have every time it snows.

Josh - "Remember that really big snow storm in high school?"

(There was this big snow storm that hit Michigan over Christmas Break 1998. We ended up having a month off of school.)

Me - "Yes. The roads were closed. We hadn't seen each other in like 3 days so we decided to walk and meet each other halfway."

(We lived like 3 miles away from each other.)

Josh - "Yep, and then we walked to my house, watched movies, and had hot chocolate"

Me - "Then your dad drove me home in his snow plow"

Oh memories!

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Stephanie, thank you for this blog it made me laugh, filled my heart with joy watching the video and seeing the pictures and broght back great memories.

    Love Mom
    Anonymous said...
    ok, I totally don't remember that month of school! Where was I? All I remember was Zeke being king of the snow mound that we could walk onto the roof from....oh and LOVE the Nike snow hat that must totally be Josh's, and you are wearing Rick' coat- you needed your own clothes even back then.
    But anyways, I hate I missed the snow fun. I saw NOTHING from my no snow bubble in my office.
    Rick Hudgens said...
    Your blog today was so special.... and your Dad's coat never looked so good!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home