If you are reading this, it means that you have successfully found the "new" blog. I have been sorta nervous about changing my url in fears that I would lose all my bloggy friends out there, but it was a change that had to be made.

Let me give you a little more details on why I made the decision to change my address. Mostly the decision was because Josh asked me to. You probably already know by now that not that long ago his job changed. He is loving his new position, and has already been involved in many "operations", some under cover work, and a good amount of "surveillance work". He has also been involved in a few federal cases.

Before, when he was out on the street as a patrol officer, he was basically just working in one part of town, which is no where near where we live. He never feared that anyone would ever recognize his face or his name. Now since he is getting involved in this new form of police work, he started to get concerned about our families safety and privacy.

He told me that he thought having a blog was fine, but we both agreed that we needed to be more careful about what I was putting out on the Internet for the whole world to read. We talked about me only calling him J or coming up with nicknames for our family like other blogs that I read, but he wasn't really concerned about our first names. It was more the last name that made him nervous. (It isn't like our last name is a common name.) So.... here we are with a new url, and you most likely won't be seeing the "V word" on here.

I am the kind of girl who doesn't like to live in fear. Since Josh is out on the streets everyday, I can't stress and worry about him. Every once in awhile I do get a little nervous about his job, but I can't live like that everyday! I just have to trust that God is going to take care of him.

Because of that, when he first started talking to me about this, I admit that I kinda rolled my eyes and didn't take it very seriously. I think it is easy some times to have the "that will never happen to me" attitude. But we decided that we would rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks so much for sticking with me in this change. I hope that it won't be too confusing for everyone. Glad you found me!

3 Comments:

  1. Rick Hudgens said...
    I changed your addresss link on my blog.
    Raul and Catie said...
    no problem finding ya :) and it's a smart change...we can never be too careful about what we put out for, literally, the entire world to read.
    Jill Pagels said...
    Yeah, I'd have to agree it's a good idea. I worry about putting my kids' names on my blog or Nathan's school name or teacher's name and stuff like that. Unfortunately there are a lot of sick people out there, and you just never know. Especially with Josh's job, I'd say you made a smart move.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home