Earlier today I read a post on Whittaker Woman, which is a blog that I read almost daily. Her post was all about little girls in the South wearing big hair bows. Well, if you read the comments you will notice that a certain person named Stephanie had to speak out in favor of a big hair bow.

I had to do it! You know my love for a big hair bow!

It is hard to explain why. All I can say is that I love them! I truly believe that it is a must for a little girl's wardrobe.

It is an accessory. You most likely wear some type of jewelry, or carry a cute bag. Why should a little girl not have a pretty accessory? :)

Alyse is known for her hair bows. They are kinda like a little trademark for her. Since she has worn one since the day she was born she hardly ever messes with them. If she does happen to take it out, she usually brings it to me and says, "Mommy, bow" and waits for me to put it back in.

Yes, I agree that this is a Southern thing. Just like monogramming everything (which is another must in a little girls life.) However, this momma isn't one of those "big southern hair" moms, as one of the comments implied. I promise you that I have the proper amount of volume and hairspray in my hair. Last time I checked I did not have 80s pageant hair. :)

You may think it is "stupid". You may think that they look like little walking "presents", but I think it is awful cute. And Alyse is a little present. She is my gift from God, and I am glad she is wrapped up with a beautiful bow on top.

Let the cute evidence speak for itself:






4 Comments:

  1. Jill Pagels said...
    The bows are absolutely ADORABLE!!! If I ever have a little girl I will do the same thing.
    Because of Love said...
    Thanks Jill! And just so you know everyone, Jill is from Michigan, NOT the South.
    Anonymous said...
    I was raised in Southern Ontario, Canada and both my little girls wore bows until they were about 8 or 9 years old.

    I love the look of little girls having bows in their hair. It is a sweet, very lady like expression.

    Steph. keep the bows coming my granddaughter is a truly precious little girl.

    Love you Mom and I miss that beautiful little one.
    Anonymous said...
    I'm ok with the bow on the head...it's when you get her to the bow on the butt phase we will need to talk- as you can see from Mom's comment-I revolted once before..I may do it again.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home